Supporting our Community: Easy as PIE
Jackson EMC improves area education while fostering win-win relationships with our partner schools.
Through the statewide Partners in Education (PIE) program, we are proud to support the following schools:
- Benton Elementary School (Jefferson District)
- Banks County Middle School (Jefferson District)
- Barrow County Board of Education (Jefferson District)
- Creekland Middle School (Gwinnett District)
- Hull-Sanford Elementary School (Neese District)
- Lyman Hall Elementary School (Gainesville District)
Each Jackson EMC district office coordinates programs and provides support with its respective school, and while each partnership is unique, there are several successful programs that are implemented in all the schools such as pen pals, provide treats and attendance recognitions.
Jackson EMC PIE highlights:
- Read Across America Day/Dr. Seuss Day: A national day of reading and a company-wide effort to support reading within the PIE schools. In celebration of Dr. Seuss Day, employees dress up, prepare activities and read books to students.
- National Teacher Day: Jackson EMC recognizes PIE teachers by sending cards and gifts to celebrate their dedication to education.
- Mini-grants: Teachers can apply for a classroom need that is not typically funded in their school's operating budget. Through the years, hundreds of grants have helped fund new software programs, field trips and new sports equipment, to name a few.
- Reading Program: In our elementary schools, employees volunteer their time to read with students.
- Pen Pal Letters: Employees deliver and receive letters with a Pen Pal in an effort to promote the written English word to Hispanic students.
Since it is a partnership, the schools also support Jackson EMC's functions and events. For example, Benton Elementary School supports our annual meeting. Students make table decorations while teachers and staff volunteer their time in the Kid's Carnival area.
As partners, both sides work together on a number of projects with the goal of improving students' education. Jackson EMC is active in our local schools and has been since 1939.