Peach-Oatmeal Crisp puts to good use one of the South's summer favorites and makes nine 3/4-cup servings.
- 6 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilled stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- Combine peaches, raisins, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl; stir well. Spoon into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray; set aside.
Combine oats, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, flour and sugar; stir well. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal; sprinkle evenly over peach mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream for a special treat.